21 May Education Corner
Go online to learn more about LEED v4.1, human health and sustainable building strategies.
USGBC offers plenty of online opportunities to invest in your career in sustainability. Webinars, case studies and on-demand courses allow you to gain continuing education credits while you advance your knowledge of green building concepts and practices. You can purchase an annual subscription to our platform, Education @USGBC, to access more than 800 online green building courses.
New USGBC Case Studies
- United Therapeutics Unisphere: Learn about the LEED Platinum winner of the 2019 USGBC National Capital Region Innovative Project of the Year.
- DPR Construction Regional Office: Learn how DPR Construction built its new Washington, D.C., regional office by maximizing sustainability and employee well-being to achieve a 21st-century workplace.
- GBCI India Corporate Head Office: Learn how the GBCI India office embodies a continued commitment to environmental and human health in case study.
- Denver Housing Authority’s Community Solar Garden: Learn how solar energy can not only be used to power low-income housing, but also to provide jobs for low-income residents.
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford: Read about this sustainable, technologically innovative and family-focused children’s health care center.
- Discovery Elementary School: Learn about a public school that reaches for the highest standards possible—in instructional space as well as in sustainability, operating costs and flexibility.
Upcoming live events
New Education @USGBC Partner courses
- Building Better Transit in the U.S.: Learn the basics of building successful transit in your community from transit expert Christof Spieler in this course by Island Press.
- The Health Product Declaration (HPD): An Ingredient List for the Built Environment: Become familiar with the Health Product Declaration (HPD), a material ingredient reporting standard, in this course by GreenCE, Inc.
New free education courses
- Improving the Quality of Life—Sustainable Development Stories from Rural, Urban and Historic India: Hear from four women architects about architectural design, traditional knowledge systems, youth empowerment and sustainable development.
- Sustainable First Responder Buildings: Learn how first responders are becoming leaders in sustainable design across the United States in this article from the Winter 2020 issue of USGBC+ magazine.
- TRUE Core Concepts: Hazardous Waste Prevention: Understand the definitions of hazardous and universal waste and learn how to examine opportunities for reduction of such materials within your facility.
- PEER v2 Certification for Campus Electrical Infrastructure Improvement: Learn how to assess and improve the electrical infrastructure of campuses through PEER certification.